Point vs Lochs



TeamGoals1st Leg2nd leg90minsExtra TimePenaltiesOutcome


# PlayerPositionAssistsGoalsYellowsRedsCS
1John Allan MacleodGoalkeeper00000
2Stuart MacpheeCentre Half00000
4Alasdair GilliesCentre Half00000
6Elliot RudallCentral Midfielder00000
3Martyn LightbodyFull Back00100
5Hugh Morrison 12Central Midfielder00000
7Robert JonesCentral Midfielder00000
8Andrew Murray 14Forward10000
9Ally ‘Wally’ MacIverForward02000
10Angus MacdonaldFull Back12000
11Andrew MorrisonForward00000
12Cameron (Cammy) Nicolson 5Central Midfielder00000
14Donald ‘Spike’ Smith 8Central Midfielder00100
18Scott ‘Bomber’ CampbellCentre Half00000
22Sean MacmillanFull Back00000
 Total 24200




Wally Maciver and Angus Macdonald scored 2 goals each as the Rudhachs scored 4 again at Garrabost to join Ness at the top of the league!  In particular, Wally’s incredible left foot volley will live long in the memories of the packed out Camp Roo!

The Reds started off well and Angus had a good chance but he skewed his shot wide. Thereafter Lochs came into the game with John Uig and Andy Murray dictating a lot of the play. The Rudhachs slowly got back into the game and for a while it was very cagey with the ball spending too much time in the air for the purists, such as Calum Kipper, Donnie Mata and Alec Dan. After about half an hour a slip by Ali Laxay in the Lochs defence let Angus get away and head for the goals. As Big Peter Mackenzie slid across Angus cut inside before burying the ball back into the corner with his left foot. A brilliant piece of play by Angus, especially give it was his first game for the Reds this season. He has however been playing very well for Glasgow Island.

The Reds held on to their advantage until half time. In the second half  the Rudhachs blitzed the Maroons in a pretty crazy 20 minute spell. A nice ball by Andrew Murray was controlled by Angus who spun at the edge of the box and hit the ball first time  across James and into the corner. Another fine goal. Angus then turned supplier as his header sent Wally through on goal. He got tackled quite heavily but stayed on his feet to flick the ball past the keeper. Lochs were reeling and their frustration was beginning to boil over as they accumulated a number of bookings. Lochs’ Andy Murray gave them a flicker of hope with a cracking volley which unfortunately cannoned off his Rudhach namesake and into the net. Game on as the Lochies raced to get the ball. Any hope Lochs had was pretty well extinguished when Wally hit a headed clearance first time from the corner of the box into the opposite corner of the net, with his weak foot!! It was a stunning goal in pretty much the first game of ours that hasn’t been filmed (where’s Peter O Donnell when you need him?).

Lochs went down to 10 men for the last 15 mins or so when Lewis Mackenzie was sent off for two yellows. They subsequently went a bit gung ho and if the Reds had been a bit better with the final ball they could have scored some more. Lochs got a further goal back near the end and as play opened up Rob Jones missed a great chance to make it 5! Jonny made a fine save right at the end to stop it being another 4-3 nailbiter!.


The win sets the Rudhachs up nicely for the trip to the mainland on Saturday, where they will play Loch Ness in the Highland Amateur Cup. The opposition are a very good team in the Inverness league so it will be tough for the Reds but we are on good form at the moment! Kick off is 1230pm at Bught Park. There is a bus booked and any fans who want to go should get in touch with a committee member.


28 May7:00 pmL&H League2018


A866, Isle of Lewis, Na h-Eileanan an Iar HS2, UK